FC-9320 SmartATL Dark Fiber
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:24 pm EDT.
Last modified Monday, January 7, 2019 at 3:05 pm EDT.
Bids/Proposals DueThursday, December 22, 2016 at 2:00 pm ET
Mr. Clinton L. Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Over the course of the next three years, the City of Atlanta (“the City”) will expand its fiber network from the approximately 50 route miles that exist today to approximately 150 route miles. The expanded network will allow the City to respond to a variety of needs in the community, including improved traffic management, monitoring of infrastructure, and public safety measures.
The City will first focus on obtaining critical infrastructure and meeting other short-term needs; over the remaining phases, the City will develop a robust, resilient, carrier-class fiber network capable of meeting the City’s longer-term communications needs as well as positioning it to move forward with various Smart City initiatives.
The City is issuing this Request for Information (RFI) to invite partner entities to join in the City’s efforts by:
- participating in joint builds or swaps,
- leasing fiber or conduit to the City, or
- leasing from the City excess dark fiber that the City plans to install in conjunction with its network build-out.
Coordinating with service providers or other partners would reduce costs and project risk for both the City and its partners. It would also enable more efficient use of increasingly crowded utility poles and rights-of-way. In addition, the City wants these new fiber routes to enable new competition in the local enterprise market and, in turn, to spur economic development.
The City seeks input from potential partners regarding the terms and conditions under which they would partner with the City. The City encourages respondents to share their interests, both broadly and in terms of specific routes, which may be used to shape the direction and form of the networks.
Pre-Bid Conference Date & Location
11:00am EST, Thursday, November 3, 2016
55 Trinity Ave SW, Suite 1900, Atlanta, GA 30303
Site Visit Information
- FC-9320-Online Advertisement (Added: 10/27/2016 @ 3:43 pm EDT)
- FC-9320, Solicitation document
- FC-9320, Agenda (Added: 11/03/2016 @ 12:25 pm EDT)
- FC-9320, Pre-Conference Powerpoint (Added: 11/03/2016 @ 12:25 pm EDT)
- FC-9320, Pre-Conference Sign-In Sheet (Added: 11/03/2016 @ 12:25 pm EST)
- FC-9320, Addendum No. 1 (Added: 11/29/2016 @ 12:12 pm EST)
- FC-9320, Addendum No. 2 (Added: 12/02/2016 @ 8:55 am EST)
- FC-9320, Tabulation Sheet (Added: 12/22/2016 @ 2:57 pm EST)
- Cost of solicitation documents:$25.00